About the MSF
The Faculty of Mechanical and Marine Technologies (MSF) is one of nine faculties at the University of Rostock. In addition to these, the Interdisciplinary Faculty (INF) as a central scientific institution connects researchers of all disciplines.
The MSF is structured through its 21 chairs, which network through their research in the research foci of the MSF and the INF. One result of these collaborations and networking is more intensive interdisciplinary collaboration among the complex disciplines.
Approximately 200 scientists, including 21 professors, conduct research and teach at the MSF. This offers our students excellent qualification opportunities in numerous specializations that are of great importance to industry and research.
The professors and staff collectively support the degree programs offered by the faculty; they are also responsible for MSF's teaching exports to other programs.
The MSF has long maintained very close collaborations with non-university research institutions, resulting in a variety of synergistic effects: On the one hand, students are thus introduced to research even more extensively and at an earlier stage, and research and teaching are thus better interlinked. On the other hand, the research capabilities of the faculty can be extended by combining these research infrastructures. In addition, there are specific teaching imports from non-university research institutions.
For example, the following research institutions work closely with the faculty:
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Großstrukturen in der Produktionstechnik IGP, Rostock
- Leibniz-Institut für Atmosphärenphysik, Kühlungsborn (IAP)
- Leibniz-Institut für Ostseeforschung Warnemünde (IOW)
- Ocean Technology Campus Rostock (OTC)
- Institut für Implantattechnologie und Biomaterialien e.V. (IIB), Warnemünde
- Forschungslabor für Biomechanik und Implantattechnologie (FORBIOMIT), Rostock
- Forschungsverbund Mecklenburg-Vorpommern e.V. (FMV)
- Wind Energy Network, Rostock
- Institut für Windtechnik, Energiespeicherung und Netzintegration (IWEN)